If you suffer from recurrent thrush there are a few changes you can make to improve your lifestyle, which can help prevent thrush from coming back.
Top tips for avoiding thrush:
- Avoid using deodorants and perfumed products in and around your intimate area (see below for more details)
- Avoid stress and maintain a healthy lifestyle, doing so will keep your immune system strong
- Avoid high-sugar foods
- If you are taking antibiotics, consult your doctor before taking thrush treatments
- Change your tampons or pads frequently
- Ensure you wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
- Change your underwear after swimming and working out
- Avoid very hot baths
Proper Washing Habits
The Naked Truth: Lifestyle and thrush
Your regular soaps and body washes, which often include ingredients such as perfume and chemicals, can irritate your intimate area.
Sometimes the type of clothing you wear may have an impact on the health of your intimate area.
- Avoid tight underwear and clothes such as leggings and skinny jeans
- Avoid synthetic underwear, opt for cotton