Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is caused by many different factors- such as taking antibiotics or using regular soaps for the intimate area- so many women find they suffer from BV. Have a look below for our top tips on how to prevent BV.
Top tips for preventing BV infections:
- Avoid using deodorants or perfumed products in and around your vaginal area
- Avoid over-washing
- Avoid using strong detergent to wash your underwear
- Change your tampons or pads frequently
- Ensure you wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
- Dry your vaginal area after washing, swimming & working out
- Change your underwear after swimming & working out
Vaginal douching is a cause of BV and may even increase your risk of STIs or other vaginal infections.